HIGHLIGHT FOR THE MONTH!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Inside You: The Glow


Wisdom of The Last Dragon



In 1985, "The Last Dragon" came out and for me that was an automatic hit. My brother, who is 8 years my senior, was the keeper of the television and we often ended up watching Kung-Fu movies on Sundays. With that said, it seemed natural that Bruce Leroy would get our money, or should I say my Mother's change from around the house. With nothing but coins in my hands and my trusty cohort and sister, Jamila, with me I went to see that movie at the Plaza Theaters in Kent, Ohio on more than one occasion. As a matter of fact, the impetus for this note comes from watching the movie this morning.

Each one of us have an inner strength that we often do not tap into. See Leroy thought his power came from his Master and that he had to stay with him, continue to study, and then, he would have the "power". His Master knew that true power would not come until Leroy went out on his own to test his abilities, intincts, and knowledge for himself. Between the two of them the only one who believed that Leroy had the power was his Master. Knowing Leroy was full of fear, the Master, gives him a medallion and sends him off to look for another Master.

More often than not, others see the greatness inside of us before we do. Our fear holds us back from kicking the door open on the life we want to live. At the end of the story Leroy gets the infamous "glow" which shows up when he becomes confident in his ability to defeat Shonuff, the neighborhood bully. See you too have the ability to have what you want, it is a matter of playing a bigger game with your Life. When we stop the excuses, the reasonableness, procrastination, selfishness, secrecy, and egotistical behavior the World shows up magnificently. The glow is ease, freedom, comfort, boldness, confidence, and having all you want and need to have the life you have dreamed. Add whatever would work for you to have the Life you love those just happen to ones that come to mind for me.


A few years ago, a coach of mine, Wendy Y. Bailey and I were talking in a session and I told her that my greatest fear is all that I have said about myself is not true. That I am more fearful of what is inside than anything else. And that is the truth of most people. We are more afraid of ourselves than we are of others. We are truly great Beings who can accomplish feats of the miraculous and unexplainable at anytime. You and I are powerful in our being, speaking, and thinking. When I was sent the following quote I immediately saved it. And so I share it with the intention that you find inside you the Power to achieve all you desire... The Glow.


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

~Marianne Williamson, from A Return to Love

0 comments: